Saturday 18 June 2016

End of Year Party

Where have the last eight months gone? It is crazy how it has flown by and I will soon be returning home to the UK. I’m feeling sad, although it will be good to be home, albeit not for long as I’m going to be working in a summer camp in England! Phew, I don’t stop.
This past weekend I went to Barcelona. My original plan was to visit a park with a labyrinth in it, I went with some other teaching assistants, however, due to metro stoppages and long distance walks, we decided to turn back to Plaça Catalunya where I met some other friends and we ended up going to a nice Irish bar.

I returned to Anglès at night, just in time for the Festa Final De Curs. This happens every year and it is a celebration. The dinner was held in the playground, but then it started pouring rain so everyone moved inside and had dinner in the classrooms. We had chicken, salad and then ice cream for dessert. After this, it was time to go to the old factory which is now used as an entertainment venue. There was a presentation about the 6th-grade class who were leaving primary school and moving on to high school. Although there were tears, I secretly think the teachers were happy they were leaving! Then the teachers were told to go up to the stage. I was sitting with my host parents watching the ceremony, but Alex pointed to his father and then pointed to me, as I was supposed to go up there. I went behind the stage and one by one, the students called the teachers out. One of my students called my name out and I received a scroll and a T-shirt. The t-shirt is in the first photo below and the translation says: ‘You have made us (teachers) sweat, but we will miss you.’ After this, it was time for the party and a one man band provided the entertainment. He spoke in Catalan, but I could understand what he was saying most of the time. It was good to see Alex and Julia having a good time. After the party finished Alex tried to show me a new dance move which I disastrously tried to copy. It was very funny and we returned home tired but in high spirits. After all, it was a ‘festa’. 

With my friends in Barcelona. L-R: Katharine, Delva and Becky

With the 'graduate'. The t-shirts I mentioned are pictured.

Alex took my phone and filled it with selfies! 

Of course, his dad wanted a selfie too!

Class of 2016!
Alex with his mum

No comments:

Post a Comment