Wednesday 22 June 2016

Costa Brava

On Sunday and Monday Ines and I went to a few seaside towns in the Costa Brava. Ines son David was swimming in a town called Cadaqués. We drove on a very windy road to the town of Portlligat, which is well known with tourists as another of Dali’s houses is situated there. It is a small house, but has interesting features, including two oval white eggs perched on top of the roof of the house. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to look around the house because visitors had to buy tickets in advance; however I looked around the town and got some nice photos near the boats. Dali had a boat which was named after his wife Gala, which can still be used for rides today. It was very windy though and a lot of the photos taken were of me frantically trying to move my windswept hair out of my face. I managed to pick up a good few photos though.

After that we were on the way to Cadaqués and when I arrived my jaw dropped. It is a stunning seaside town with a large church in the centre. David had finished swimming and was pleased as he had come third in the competition. He was waiting on the medals and then I wandered around the shops. Once David got his medal, Ines and I walked around the town, up the charming streets and to the church where we got a great view of the town. It truly is magnificent and the water is so blue!
On Monday after school, Ines, Julia and I then headed to Palamós, as it was a really hot day and because it is my last few days in Spain, I wanted to make the most of it. Julia and I went swimming in the sea, sometimes I wanted to swim alone but Julia wouldn’t let me! She kept saying that she’ll miss me when I go home and that she doesn’t want me to go. I will miss all her family but we will definitely keep in touch and will visit each other in our respective countries.
Enjoy the photos posted below and stay tuned for my last blog post about my adventures in Spain.

Rachel xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment