Wednesday 8 June 2016

Climb every mountain

Okay, well I didn't exactly climb a mountain. My host family took me there by car (lazy I know!), but it wasn't until quarter to five that we got out of the house. They wanted to take me up to the cross on the mountain which I can see from the house window. It was also a good for Toula the family's new puppy to get some exercise and run about in nature. The mountain is called Puigefrou and it overlooks the towns of La Cellera de Ter and Angles. From the top you can see other towns such as Amer and the city of Girona in the distance. The views were truly breathtaking and it was worth the bumpy ride to get up there (you can see the video on my blog's Facebook page).

When we left the mountain we headed to a part of the forest where people usually have barbecues in the summer and there was a small fountain with the freshest water I have ever drunk. Afterwards we headed to Vilanna, a little town just outside Angles, Sebastian the host grandfather knew places where we could pick special types of strawberries. We collected a lot and took them home to eat with yoghurts - delicious!!

I can't believe I'm coming to the end of my Spanish adventure. I will definitely return to visit this country in the future. Stay tuned for some more blog posts before I head back to my home country.

Until next time,

Rachel xxx








1 comment: